FAQ: Facts and Questions about Camp Bliss
1. Q: When are you open?
A: We are open year round, our office hours are Monday-Friday 8-4:30 or by appointment only.
2. Q: What is your pet policy?
A: We do not allow pets, exceptions are trained service animals.
3. Q: What is your smoking policy?
A: Smoking is not allowed inside any of our rentals or buildings.
4. Q: Do you have a sand beach?
A: While we are known more for fishing, there is sandy shoreline on Third Lake near the Cabin that is for all renters. It is recommended that renters bring water shoes. We do have an amazing sandbar that you can pull your boat up to and swim and play. Chippewa National Forest has a great swimming area and only 4 miles from Camp Bliss.
5. Q: Are Campers/RV’s/tents allowed on the property?
6. Q: Do you have a fish cleaning station? Do you provide bait for fishing?
A: We do have a fish cleaning station but we do not provide bait. There are several bait shops in Walker, 3 miles away.
7. Q: At what age are children free?
A: 3 years old
8. Q: Do you have WiFi?
A: We do in the Lodge and Bliss House.
9. Q: Can I get an early check-in or late check-out?
10. Q: What do you provide in your kitchens?
A: Refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, pots and pans, dishes, glasses, silverware and utensils.
11. Q: Do you provide cleaning supplies?
12. Q: What do you provide for linens/towels?
A: We provide bed linens, pillows, and comforters. You are required to bring bath, hand, beach, and kitchen towels.
13. Q: Are meals provided?
14. Q: Are cribs, pack-n-plays, or high chairs available?
15. Q: Do you have any hiking trails?
A: Yes! We have 48 acres on our property. We are also 2 miles from Paul Bunyan State Forest.
16. Q: Do you have any biking trails?
A: Not on our property but we are a 1/2 mile from Heartland Trail.
17. Q: What is required upon check-in?
A: Your payment in full, signature on rental agreement/liability waiver, and tour of property/amenities.
18. Q: Are there any resort fees?
A: We do not have a resort fee. However, below are our occupancy fees for each of our rentals. LODGE: Pricing based per night for up to 15 people, over 15 people it is $35 per person, per night. 25 people maximum. BLISS HOUSE: Pricing based per night for up to 13 people, over 13 people it is $35 per person, per night. 18 people maximum. CABIN: Pricing based per night for up to 4 people, over 4 people it is $35 per person, per night. 4 people maximum.
19. Q: Do the grills come prepared with charcoal?
20. Q: Can guests have outside visitors for the day?
A: Yes, but no large parties. All visitors are REQUIRED to register in the office.
21. Q: Can I bring my own boat/other watercraft?
A: Yes; allowed on Long Lake only.
22. Q: Do you have docks to park our boats overnight?
A: Yes, each rental has their own dock.
23. Q: Do you have fire pits/bonfires?
A: Yes, each rental has their own fire ring or fire pit.
24. Q: Are there any boat rentals nearby?
A: J&K Marine, 218-547-2800 and Walker Rental, 218-547-3656
25. Q: Do you have laundry facilities on the property?
A: No, but there is a laundromat in Walker, 3 miles away.
26. Q: How old do I have to be to make a reservation?
A: 21 years of age.